Answers to the most frequently asked questions
- What is the correct coverage of adhesive?
- What kind of strength will I get?
- How are solids calculated for a contact adhesive?
- How is open time determined (or definition of open/ dry time)?
- Are there any STA’-PUT products with MIL specification testing?
Answers to the General Questions:
- For typical applications a coating weight of 2.5 – 3.5 dry grams per square foot is recommended. – see “Proper Coverage Pattern” for visual
- Strength differs with each adhesive and substrate combination.
- Solids of an adhesive is determined by weighing a given sample, before and after exposure in 275F oven, and calculating the remaining solids in the sample.
(dry weight – tare weight)/(wet weight – tare weight) x 100 = Percent Solids
- See “Contact Adhesives Definitions”
- No, none have been certified to any MIL specs at this time.